Here are the 10 embarrassing things moms do to their kids online.
10. Comment on your friends’ status updates. You are often concerned that your mother is better friends with your friends than you are, and you sometimes find out what’s going on their lives through her.
9. Fantasize about Adam Levine. Because there’s nothing a mom loves more than the sweet, middle aged lady friendly jams of Maroon 5.
8. Use caps lock for lots of things that don’t require caps lock. For some reason, mothers cannot figure out internet grammar and INSIST ON TYPING like they are a dyslexic 12-year-old with their first cellphone.
7. Update about her book club and how much Fifty Shades of Grey is “changing her life” — in ways you don’t want to know the specifics of. She’s also way into Mitch Albom, Dan Brown, Deepak Chopra and almost anything Oprah likes.
6. Post pictures of “girls’ night!!!”, which entails watching Grey’s Anatomy and drinking margaritas so your mom can feel “young again.” To your mother, feeling young is acting like a sophomore sorority girl at the University of Tennessee.
5. Mention you in status updates about how much she loves you. These status updates will always have an unnecessary amount of exclamation points. You are sure that she had too many glasses of wine before she posted it.
4. Put up memes you don’t understand. Usually containing pictures of Disney characters, Looney Tunes, Care Bears, Precious Moments, the M&M cartoons or those weird Hot Topic bunnies — although you are positive your mother has no idea what Hot Topic is.
3. Post grammatically incorrect Facebook updates about pets or obscure family members you’ve never heard of. She will then take photos at local steakhouses with these same family members, all of whom will have identical chin length haircuts.
2. Send you invites to Mafia Wars, CityVille or FarmVille — because middle-aged women apparently do nothing else other than internet farm in their free time. Your mother probably thinks this is what “going green” means.
1. Ask you when you are coming home to visit, which she also wanted to know last week and the week before. It doesn’t matter if you live in another state or country, joined the Peace Corps or are orbiting the earth in a giant rocket. She will still want to know.
The list is definitely a lot longer than that. Moms are just too creative to end up doing only 10 embarrassing things online. They’re bound to do more than that.
One thing is for sure. Your mom is bound to embarrass you in more ways then one. So be prepared, be very prepared.
Let it not be forgotten that no matter how old you are, you will always be your mom’s kid. Maybe on that note, she is allowed to embarrass you online. After all, moms will always be moms.
Now don’t feel so bad if your mom ends up embarrassing you online. You’re not the only one. The list of 10 embarrassing things moms do to their kids online is just a part of a longer list that’s compiled by Nico Lang. You can read the whole list here.
Has your mom ever embarrassed you online?